Faster and easier SARS-CoV-2 Testing, results in one about hour – enables a more efficient laboratory process
Rapid results in approximately one hour and laboratory capacities are key bottlenecks in pandemic seasons and in today’s SARS-CoV-2 testing. Therefore a more efficient testing process and shorter time to result are a major help when testing for SARS-CoV-2.
- Developed and manufactured by Curetis’ team in Germany
- Time to results in approximately one hour
- Uses real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)
- Qualitative detection of the SARS-CoV-2 virus isolated from oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal swab specimens
- Can be used with RNA isolated by performing standard RNA isolation processes, as well as with oropharyngeal or nasopharyngeal swabs collected in PCR compatible viral transport medium treated with PCR-Compatible Universal Lysis Buffer (PULB)
- Runs on open real-time PCR instruments such as: QuantStudio™ 5 and Bio-Rad CFX96™
- CE-IVD marked SARS-CoV-2 Test Kit
- Extraction free SARS-CoV-2 Testing
- Approximately 1 hour time to result with usage of PULB
- Cheaper testing
- Overcomes bottlenecks of extraction kits
- More efficient test screening process without extraction kit
- Increases the testing capacity for a more efficient laboratory process
- Fully developed, validated, and produced in Germany
OUR TWO WORKFLOW OPTIONS
Faster Extraction with no extra extraction kit with the PULB PCR-Compatible Universal Lysis Buffer (RUO):
Mix 1 aliquot of sample with 4 aliquots of PULB
Incubate 5 minutes at 95°C
Immediately proceed to next step
Use 5 μL of this PULB-treated viral transport medium as template in a 20 μL PCR reaction
- Isolated RNA from standard RNA extraction process
- Oropharyngeal swab collected in PCR-compatible transport medium, treated with PULB
- Nasopharyngeal swab collected in PCR-compatible transport medium, treated with PULB
SARS-CoV-2 Test Kit: (10096)
- 100 Tests per Kit
- CE-IVD marked
- Storage -20°C (PULB stored at 15-20°C)
- Positive Control included in kit Components: PULB Buffer, Master Mix, Nuclease-free water, Oligo Mix, Positive Control
PULB PCR-Compatible Universal Lysis Buffer (RUO)*
With our PULB buffer, coronavirus testing becomes faster and cheaper. PULB addresses a key bottleneck in today’s SARS-CoV-2 testing set-up.
Nucleic acid extraction is a major bottleneck in current COVID-19 testing, in terms of turn-around, logistics, component availability and costs, which delays or completely precludes COVID-19 diagnostics in many settings. The PULB – PCR-Compatible Universal Lysis Buffer (RUO) enables the PCR-compatible release of nucleic acids from biological samples in just one step without the need for further components such as extraction columns. The isolation of viral RNA is an essential step for pathogen isolation and detection. PULB can be used in combination with virtually all real-time nucleic acid PCR tests.
- PCR-Compatible Universal Lysis Buffer
- Suitable for RNA & DNA preparation, directly from native patient sample
- Works with viruses and bacteria, directly from lysed sample to PCR assay
- Eliminates column purification; improves nucleic acid yield
- Saves labor, reagent cost and reduces total test time
*Research Use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Hospitalized Pneumonia (HPN) Unyvero Cartridge for faster diagnostic results for bacterial coinfections of COVID-19 coronavirus patients
Our multiplex PCR application for bacterial pneumonia offers results for 48 pathogens and resistance markers with high clinical relevance for severe bacterial pneumonia infections. Results are available in 4 to 5 hours with minimal hands-on time of just a few minutes which leads to faster diagnostic outcomes and improved patient treatment. Bacterial coinfections in COVID-19 pneumonia can lead to more severe disease progression and higher mortality rates in these patients. Our HPN cartridge provides an important diagnostic tool in this setting.